Sunday, February 8, 2009

Fort Worth, TX

Today I dropped Jenny off at Louis Armstrong International Airport and headed through the rest of Louisiana en route to Fort Worth, TX. I found it amusing that driving north through Louisiana there are billboards for Emergency Rooms at a Hospital nearby, I hardly think that you need to advertise for an ER. It isn’t like someone decides “Oh, look, honey, there is an Emergency Room in 4.3 miles, feel like stopping and having an aneurism so we can go visit?!” As if an emergency room is a tourist destination.

I crossed over the Mississippi, on a bridge very similar to the Tappan Zee.

I arrived in Fort Worth around 4:30 and went out for some delicious Tex-Mex at a restaurant that makes fresh flour tortillas. I don't remember the name of the place...

Fort Worth is the 27th largest city in the US. It was established in 1849 as a protective Army outpost situated on a bluff overlooking the Trinity River, the city of Fort Worth today still embraces its western heritage and traditional architecture and design. The highrise buildings are all outlined with white lights and when lit at night are striking painted against the dark Texas sky.


Tiina and I visited the Fort Worth Stockyards on Thursday, very touristy thing to do. They parade the cattle through the streets very regularly and there are stores that sell various tokens that say "don't mess with Texas" and the Confederate Flag symbol.

I got in some good "bad influence" shopping with Tiina, which i hadn't done in a few years since we were in Fort Collins together. If you ever find yourself in Fort Worth and want to blow some money, go to the Jean Guru and the Shoe Gypsy on Park Hill Drive. I got these fancy shoes, which I love! I did not purchase any Hudson Jeans, being financially well behaved is a lot less fun. We chatted about how we have both felt the frustrations of the post graduate identity crisis and where we want to go with our lives now that we have finished design school.

On Thursday night we went to Pete's Dueling Piano Bar, which was very vulgar, just my style.

I bid my farewells on Friday morning to head to Marfa, TX to see the Madrid Family. Please check back, I am being sort of vague because I am mostly trying to catch up from the stuff I have done the past week. I will be adding and editing a lot of this stuff soon.

1 comment: