Thursday, February 12, 2009

Los Angeles

Here I am, in sunny California! Everyone keeps saying it is cold, but I think it feels great. I am visiting with my friend Rock (yes, that is his real name) and his brother, Ryan. We went to Barney's Beanery which is a favorite dive of theirs.

I also hung out with my friend, Dylan, from High School today. We went to the largest independent music store in the US of A, Amoeba Music. This place can be a little daunting if you don't know what you are looking for. I suggest going with a list or having a sizable chunk of time to look around for stuff. There is just an unreal amount of used music.

I was also turned on to an artist named Larry Kagan, whose sculptures, when lit, cast shadows of everyday objects.

2 comments:

  1. Kristine is going to lose her shit when she sees that artist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I lost my shit too. Which I still think is a good thing?

    ReplyDelete